Dr. Mandar Deshpande
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology (Head & Neck Oncology), Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute Mumbai Maharashtra
Dr. Mandar Deshpande is Consultant Surgical Oncology (Head & Neck Oncology) at Kokilaben Hospital. He has performed more than 900 surgeries at Kokilaben Hospital so far. This includes the first Trans Oral Robotic Surgery for oral tumour in Mumbai. . His areas of special interest include Conservative Laryngectomy with minimal morbidity, treatment of benign and malignant thyroid and parotid tumors as well as Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy for Geriatric patients with co-morbidity.Dr. Mandar Deshpande did his Surgical Oncology training in Tata Memorial Hospital. He was Assistant Professor and then Associate Professor of Head & Neck Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital.
- MBBS, LTM Medical College, Sion, Mumbai
- MS, DNB(Surgical Oncology), Tata Memorial Hospital
- Head & Neck Robotic Surgery, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University, South Korea
AREA(S) OF INTEREST:
Robotic assisted Surgeries, Head and Neck Cancer Surgeries, Head & Neck Onco Surgery, Trans Oral Robotic Surgeries (TORS), Laser surgeries (Laryngeal & Oral) Conservative, Laryngeal Surgeries, Minimally invasive Parathyroidectomy and Thyroidectomies for Benign and Malignant cases
Diagnostic procedures (Scopy and Biopsy),, Counseling for cancer patients,, Treatment, planning and execution (surgery/chemotherapy/radiotherapy)., Palliative care for terminal stage patients.
AWARDS, HONORS & RECOGNITIONS
- Paper titled ‘Analysing reasons for non-enrolment on clinical trial. Are developing countries different from developed ones? ‘was awarded ‘Best Paper Award’ at ‘7thAmerican Head and Neck society meeting’ at San Francisco, USA. It was selected from 1200 papers from 57 countries.
- Best paper awards 5 national conferences.
- Best Video Award at 3 national conferences
Worked at one of the most prestigious cancer centres in the world, Tata Memorial Hospital for 13 years. Advanced training in Robotic Head and Neck surgery (Korea). Currently working as a Consultant of Head and Neck Services in KDAH since 11 years now.
KDAH Experience :
He has performed more than 5000 head and neck surgeries at Kokilaben Hospital so far. This includes the first Trans Oral Robotic Surgery for Oro-pharyngeal tumour in Mumbai. He is the first surgeon in the country to do Robotic assisted Neck dissections and Trans Oral Robotic surgeries. He also specializes in Conservative Laryngectomy with minimal morbidity, Treatment of thyroid tumours both benign and malignant, Minimally invasive Parathyroidectomies especially for Geriatric patients with co-morbidities.
He was Assistant Professor and then Associate Professor of Head & Neck Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital for 7 years from 2002 to 2009.