Medical Visa from Angola to India
Eligibility& Criteria for Medical Visa to India
- Patient & accompanying Co passenger is granted a medical visa if they are going to another country with the sole purpose for medical treatment. The total duration of the visa is maximum of one year.
- Most important they should seek medical treatment at reputed/recognized/specialized hospitals in India .
- Only two attendants are allowed to travel with the patient. They shoud be members of the patient family or close associates.
- There is a comprehensive list of ailments for which medical visa is granted to India that ranges from cardiac treatment, neurosurgery,ophthalmic disorders, organ transplantations to congenital disorders, radiotherapy,gene therapy, plastic surgery, joint replacement, tumours, spinal issues cardiac and others.
- All foreign nationals, including children, require a visa to enter India. Please do not finalize your travel arrangements to India before ascertaining the visa requirements. Visas are required by Angolans passport holders to visit India. Visa application forms can be obtained from the Consular Section or downloaded.
- Specific visas are granted for a variety of purposes. The principal types of visas issued are mentioned below. Please ascertain further details if you are visiting India for purposes other than tourism, such as journalism, conferences, yoga, voluntary work, mountaineering or other expeditions. The visa application form is, however, the same. Separate forms are available at Consular office for Pakistani and Bangladeshi Nationals.
- All visa applications forms are required to be completed in full, signed by the applicant and should be accompanied by the current passport valid for more than six months, two colour photographs, yellow fever certificate (with a copy) and copy of travel itinerary.
Additional documentation other types of visa
- E-visa for Angolan nationals
- Angolan nationals are eligible for E-Visa.
- Compared regular visa process, e-Visa is faster (received via email generally in less than 3 days) and more convenient (entire process is online and visa applicant does not have to come to the Embassy).
Details of e-Visa:
- e-Visa is a 60-day non-extendable, non-convertible, double entry Indian visa.
- The entire process of e-Visa (application, payment and receiving the visa) is online.
- Embassy of India in Luanda does not play any role in e-Visa process.
- The official website for e-Visa is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html . You are advised to use only this website for e-Visa services and not to rely on any other intermediary website/agent.
- For any clarification or doubt about e-Visa, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0091-11-24300666.
Medical Visa from Angola to India
For Medical Visa, a signed letter in original from the local hospital/doctor and copies of treatment record should be submitted along with letter from the Indian hospital/doctor in original indicating details of the proposed treatment. For persons accompanying the applicant proof of relationship with the patient and a letter from the applicant is required.
Completed applications, with all required documents and fees, are to be submitted at the Consular counter of the Embassy, during the Consular working hours.
Foreign nationals other than Angolans are required to the fill the additional form and may have to wait for requisite visa clearance from the Indian Missions in their respective countries. Pakistani and Bangladesh nationals have to apply in special visa application forms. Visa services to non-Angolans in the normal course are extended only in case they have long term residency status in Angola.
CONSULAR SERVICES FEE
Schedule of Fee & timeline-Passport& Consular services w.e.f. 23/10/2019 excluding an amount of USD 2/- or AKz 920/- as ICWF charges
VISA SERVICE FEE
Schedule of Fees & Timeline – VISA service w.e.f. 09.09.2019 excluding an amount of USD 3/- or AKz 1098 (@Kz 366= USD /-1) as ICWF charges
Visa services for ANGOLAN SAO TOME & PRINCIPE AND EQUATORIAL GUINEA NATIONALS
Type of Visa
Fees in USD
Medical visa (6 months)
Single / multiple
Medical attendant visa (6 months)
Medical Visa &Medical Attendant Visa 6 months to 1 years
Entry visa (Type X) upto 6 months
Entry visa (Type X) 6months to 1 year
For further clarification visit Embassy or can be contacted on Email ID: email@example.com
Screening on arrival in India for Swine Influenza
In view of the spread of the Swine Influenza A (H1N1) to all passengers travelling to India may note that they will be screened at the International Airports in India on their arrival. This will also involve quarantine and even hospitalization, if detected, with any symptoms connected with the flu.
Visa on Arrival
For registering online application please go to the URL: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in
To facilitate bonafide foreign tourists who plan their tours at a short notice, Government of India has decided to introduce “Tourist Visa-on-Arrival” for a period of one year for citizens of five countries viz. Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Singapore on an experimental basis w.e.f. 1.1.2010. Tourists from the said countries can also procure their visas from the Missions / Posts in the normal course.
The “Tourist Visa-on-Arrival” with a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility shall be granted by the Immigration Officers at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports only for now.
The grant of a “Tourist Visa-on-Arrival” shall be regulated as per the guidelines prescribed in the Visa Manual.
Important Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application from Angola
- Print of completed and signed online visa application form.
- Current passport valid for 6 months.
- Two color photographs.
- An official letter signed by the local hospital/doctor stating the attendant’s need to have his/her treatment in India.
- Copies of treatment records in Angola.
- An official letter from the concerned Indian hospital/doctor providing details of the required treatment and mentioning the patient’s name and the medical attendant’s name.
- Yellow Fever Certificate (both original and copy).
- Copy of travel itinerary.
- A proof of relation between the applicant and his/her medical attendant should be submitted.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time
Indian medical visa from Angola is issued on the same day of the submission of the application.
Contact Details and Working Hours of Indian High Commission in Angola
Registration with FRRO/FRO
In case of persons holding long term visas (validity exceeding 6 months), duration of each visit, normally should not exceed 6 months. Persons of Indian origin holding multiple entry X-visas, visiting India to meet relatives or for social purposes, are required to register with the FRO/FRRO within 14 days of first arrival if they intend to stay continuously for more than 6 months. This registration is required during the first visit after the visa is issued. Subsequent travels using the same visa do not require registration. Children below the age of 16 years are exempt from this requirement. All other visitors to India, including those of Indian origin, holding any other category of visa valid for more than 6 months should register with the FRO/FRRO within 14 days of arrival in India. For details of FRRO and other requirements please see further information at www.immigrationindia.nic.in See FAQ on visa and may seek any clarifications from the Consular Officer at at firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Visa Information Once to land in India (FRRO office)
l foreigners (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) Student Visa, Medical Visa, Research Visa and Employment Visa are required to get themselves registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned having jurisdiction over the place where the foreigner intends to stay, within 14 days of arrival. However, Pakistan nationals are required to register within 24 hours of their arrival. All Afghan nationals are required to register with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 14 days of arrival except those Afghan nationals who enter India on a visa valid for 30 days or less provided the Afghan national concerned gives his/her local address in India to the Indian Mission/FRRO/FRO. The Afghan nationals who are issued visas with ‘ Exemption from police reporting’ are exempt from Police reporting as well as Exit permission provided they leave within the Visa validity period.
For detail please visit:
India Government VISA Granting Authorities and Span
Initially Government grant it for a year only with maximum three visits . However if there is a requirement again than it would be granted by Ministry of Home affairs solely on the recommendation and advice of the State Government or the Foreign Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) . This all will be additionally enclosed with the medical documents i.e., authenticating the reason and necessity of the extension by the Hospital and Doctor.
The FRRO or Foreign Regional Registration Office regulates& monitor all the requisite visa,arrival and departure, registration and also the duration of stay of foreigners in India. Foreigners visiting to India for their medical treatment or else needs to register themselves with the FRRO office after their arrival in India.
For knowledge & Information: https://boi.gov.in/content/general-instructions-registration-foreigners
- Application form.
- Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant.
- Details of his/her stay in India.
(Contact list of the FRRO Offices in India)
Frro Contact List
||Name and Designtion
||Shri A B Purabia , FRRO Ahmedabad
||Barrack No. 2, First Floor, Govt. Polytechnic Campus, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat-380015
||079-26306606(T), 079-26306607 (F)
||email@example.com, For Enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
||Shri Manjit Singh , FRRO Amritsar
||Bureau of Immigration, D-123, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar - 143001
||0183-2500464 (T) ,0183-2500465 (F)
||Shri Labhu Ram , FRRO Bangalore
||5th Floor, 'A' Block, TTMC, BMTC Bus Stand Building, K.H. Road, Shantinagar, Bangalore - 560027
||080-22218195,080-22218183,080-22218110, 080-22218196 [Fax]
||Shri PIUS C PAUL , FRRO, Calicut
||20/1305, Castle View, Thiruvannur Road, Panniyankara,Kallai PO, Kozhikode,KERALA-673003
||0495-2323550 , 0495- 2323550(F)
||S Xavier Dhanaraj , FRRO Chennai
||Shastri Bhawan Annexe Building 26 Haddows Road, Nungabakkam, Chennai-600006
||044-28251721(Helpline, 0800-2000 Hrs), 044-23454971(Fax), 044-23454973 (OCI queries), OCI timing (1000-1500 hrs, 1330-1400 hrs - Lunch break) ,
||Mr. ANOOP KRISHNA , FRRO , Cochin
||Airline Offices Building, Cochin International Airport Ltd.,Airport PO, Cochin- 683111, Kerala, 2nd Floor
||0484-2611652 (T) , 0484 2611652(Fax)
||Surender Kumar , FRRO Delhi
||East Block —VIII, Level -2, Sector -1, R.K Puram, New Delhi-66
||011-26711384 (T) , 011-26711348 (Fax), Support Centre:011-26711443, 011-26713851 (Timings-0800 hrs to 2000 hrs)
||email@example.com, Support Centre:frrodli.support.nic.in
||Shri. Bosco George , FRRO Goa
||Foreigners Branch, Goa Police Head Quarters, Opposite to Azad Maidan, Panaji. Pin : 403 001
||0832 242 65 45 (Tel) , 0832 242 65 45 (Fax)
||Sh. A. K. Mohanty , FRRO Hyderabad
||Foreigners Regional Registration Officer, Bureau of Immigration (MHA), Govt. of India, Sardar Vallabhai Patel BoI OCR Complex, Shamshabad-Pahadishareef Road near GMR Township (CISF Residential Quarters), Mamidipally Shamshabad Telangana, PIN-501218
||Sh. Suresh Kumar Chidvie , FRRO Kolkata
||237, A.J.C Bose Road, Kolkata
||033-22900549 (T) ,
||Shri Harish Kumar Rai , FRRO, Lucknow
||557, Hind Nagar, Kanpur Road Near Old Chungi Lucknow-226012
||0522-2432431 (T) , 0522-2432430 (F)
||Mrs. Supriya Patil Yadav , FRRO Mumbai
||Annex-|| Bldg., 3rd Floor Badruddin Tayyabji Marg, Behind St.Xavier College, C.S.T Mumbai 400001 (The Landmark is near C.S.T railway station and the office is in the lane beside the Times of india building.), For Enquiries on Registration and Visa Services Phone 022-22620446, Enquiry For PIO/OCI phone 022-22621167
||022-22621169 (T) , 022-22620721 (F)
||Shri Aravind Menon , FRRO Trivandrum
||T.C. 30/1398-3, First Floor, Amrith Plaza, Nalumukku, Pettah P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695024
||0471-2573512 (T) , 0471-2573514 (Fax)